mailPlants Anti-Spam Policy
Spam is considered to be any form of unsolicited email (whether in bulk or individual emails) to promote, solicit, retrieve any information from a person through an email address without their prior consent, where there is no pre-existing relationship between the sender and recipient.
As a customer of mailPlants, you may NOT:
- - Send email to people who have not specifically requested that information from you.
- - Extract or harvest email addresses from websites
- - Purchase email address lists (whether they are opt-in or not)
- - Have a pre-checked field on your subscription form
- - Have a subscription form that subscribes users to an unrelated list
- - Send out unrelated offers or unrelated content to your email
- - Add an email address into a list without the subscriber’s permission
- - Email someone who has requested to be removed from your list
As a customer of mailPlants, you may:
- - Send out a regular email to a recipient who has opted-in to receive it
- - Send out information and content to recipients who have requested to receive content on that topic from your organization
The following explains mailPlants’ actions in regards to spam:
mailPlants will terminate any and all accounts that spam. If you suspect that any client account is spamming, please report this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- - mailPlants will immediately close your account if it is deemed of spamming behavior.
- - You will not receive any refunds or retrieve any retroactive payments.
- - Your account may be charged a fee or fees for causing any direct or indirect interruptions in our ability to service our customers or our company.
- - We reserve the right to pursue legal action against you.
- - We reserve the right to report you to federal or state authorities.